Friday, February 04, 2005

I've always been shit at keeping diaries

I've kept a diary about four or five times in my life. Only really worked when it was for a limited time, say a holiday, and even then most times I stopped before logging the whole period. I have a drawer in my house full of old things to remind me of certain times, ticket stubs, birthday cards, letters. Occasionally I make the time to put my memories in some kind of order. Put photos in albums, make scrapbooks, sort out My Documents on the computer. Usually when I've got something far more pressing and important to do...
So it makes sense to have a go at doing a blog when my dissertation is due in exactly three weeks. Hell I've tried nearly every distraction the internet has to offer, including reading a few, and inspired partly by returning to troubled-diva a lot recently for distraction, and by actually meeting a real life person I know who has a blog, I've started my own.
The previous diaries always died because I tried to write far too much. I was so terrified about forgetting everything that I wrote essays for each day. Now I'm more chilled out and a little bit better at prioritising (says the guy who's putting messing about on the internet over doing well in his degree!) I hope I'll be able to reign in that verbal diahorrea. Probably the semi-public nature of this will constrain what I can say and help to give me a bit more direction... something I really need right now in any quantity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home